MAKING YOUR OWN SONG MELODY LOOPS
into your computer. Bring up your program and in a new file, create a track.
2. Hit Record and "Just Play" -- With a metronome / click track, to keep in time.
3. Make all the notes "quantized" -- see my GARAGEBand HINTS blog for instructions... to make each quarter note exactly equal 1 count, not 1-1/8th!
Click here for blog instructions: HOME STUDIO HINTS
4. Divide into sets measures, in places where you change to a new chord or pattern.
Be sure that "Snap to Grid" is on (see blog if needed),
and that you divide measures in front of Count 1 for each measure.
5. For each section of chords or patterns: Make a new track for each
division (Step 4) by creating a DUPLICATE TRACK.
6. Move each section onto its own individual track. I like to label the tracks, such as
F# minor riff for one section, A major riff for another...
7. "Play dominoes" -- In a NEW TRACK, start randomly
copying pieces, sometimes duplicating them so melodies repeat.
Delete what you don't like, add more that you do.
Then, after you have a basic music track of what you like:
8. Add any fills in between pieces -- whatever you like...
Flute or violin, bass... Just have fun! It's called PLAY music!