Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Use Your Little Girl Voice

You can use audio waves to "paint" weakness  into a song.    I joke that I use my "little girl voice" in Part 1 of some recorded songs that are about being weak in my own strength.  Then I  "power up" in the chorus   as the words encourage people that strength CAN come to them....

For you guys who are at a disadvantage here, the technique is simple:
Just breathe at "throat level."  Exactly the opposite of what voice coaches teach.
Take shallow breaths,  
sound questioning --  like you might when talking with someone.  Simple to do,
and the weakness that starts a song
REALLY emphasizes the song's power ending.

Much joy to you in finding even more creative ways to change up songs!
©2012 DianaDee Osborne;   all rights reserved.
Examples are located at DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com under one of the Songs tabs.